We are honored to have been selected as one of the charities to receive help from some of the 2,500 volunteers at Folsom Community Service Day on September 16th. Our volunteer list filled up on the first day of enrollment! What an honor! Do you have Legos that you are no longer using? BrickDreams can put them to good use. Visit www.brickdreams.org for more information on the magic Legos and tennis ball cans can create.
Community Service Day
4th ANNUAL COMMUNITY SERVICE DAY
The Folsom community is coming together again for the 4th Annual Community Service Day event on Saturday, September 16— Folsom’s largest day of volunteerism.
Volunteer opportunities are now available! Learn more and sign up at www.folsomcommunityservice.org
Community Service Day mobilizes thousands of volunteers of all ages and interests to complete projects throughout Folsom that will have a lasting impact in the community. The effort is organized by the City of Folsom and numerous Folsom businesses and nonprofits.
Our goal is to complete more than 40 single day projects that benefit diverse segments of the community and assist those in need, in addition to raising $70,000 to cover project costs and supplies.
Last year, more than 2,500 volunteers participated in the 2016 Community Service Day, and completed more than 40 projects, including:
- A citywide food drive for the Twin Lakes Food Bank, collecting 115,167 pounds of food
- Clean up projects at Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma
- Packing of 675 care packages for overseas military troops
- Trails clean up projects
- Landscaping and beautification projects at Folsom schools
- LEGO sorting/collection event for children in need
- P&SVRR Railroad Equipment Cleaning and Railfest Site Preparation
- Horseshoe Pits at BT Collins Park